If I could sit by myself alone on a mountaintop somewhere, just maybe I could become enlightened. But put a partner or family members there? Things get a whole lot more challenging, real quick. Because the people we love most are often the people who challenge us most.
And that’s also why they are our greatest spiritual teachers.
Last week I shared with you how I realised that even when we’re not feeling high and light all the time, we are still Divine perfection. And this week we’re talking about that in the context of our ultimate mirror and greatest spiritual growth tool: relationships.
I invited two conscious relationship coaches (and two of my favourite souls in the world) onto the show to chat about how to use your relationship as the ultimate tool to know and love yourself.
Annalie McKeough and Roman Zakirov discovered important tools to strengthen relationships and communication through their own sacred union (and the many triggers that arose and continue to arise from it). They support men, women & couples who want to transcend the ‘normal relationship’ by helping them uncover, activate, and access a new paradigm and template of relationships based on unconditional love, connection and communication.
We might be fed stories of ‘happily ever afters,’ but according to A Course in Miracles and from my own experience, I believe relationships are more like spiritual assignments. So in this podcast Roman, Annalie and I discussed our own personal stories of triggers, mirrors and choices; and we share actual tools that you can use to take back the power in your relationships by finding growth and freedom through the triggers.
Inspired take-aways include:
• How we moderate and filter ourselves in relationships to gain another’s love and approval – but lose ourselves in the process
• Why happiness’ is NOT the key indicator of success in relationships
• How all three of us have uncovered our ‘people-pleasing’ tendencies and how we continually shed them
• Why Annalie and Roman see their relationship triggers as gifts and how they grow and love MORE from their disagreements and fears
• The two words that guarantee you’re triggered + other ways to know when you’re being triggered
• How tiny little triggers add up to big resentments (and how you can ensure you clear it out properly each time)
• Why speaking the seemingly ‘unspeakable’ is the key to more acceptance and love in all of your relationships
• A trick to give and receive feedback with your loved ones that bypasses defensiveness
• A very personal example of how Annalie, Roman and I were triggered in our little trio and how we navigated that for intense personal growth
• How to communicate that you’re being triggered without blaming another
• How to hear your partner and honour them, without taking responsibility for their feelings and without moderating who you are
JOIN THE TRIBE – Head over to https://www.facebook.com/groups/lightworkersrising/ to join a community and sacred space for lightworkers. Join the conversation under the podcast post to tell us what resonated for you, and ask any questions you have for Kiara and her guests. This is where you get the most ongoing benefit from this podcast – supported by like-minded, light-working individuals.
Divine Change Agent
This material may be protected by copyright law (Title 17 U.S. Code).